Friday, October 07, 2005

ditching

Day 40
7 October 2005
Friday

I skipped Polish today. Bad girl. I used the Peach as my excuse; she was sleeping when it was time to go, and I didn't want to wake her up. The truth is that it just seemed like too much effort to make myself presentable, and find my shoes, and get my books together, plus I knew that Peach would be grumpy if I woke her up, and then she'd probably cry all the way to campus, and I was just really tired ... and after all, it's not my fault that Conan O'Brien is on so late.

Because here's the thing: U2 was on Conan O'Brien last night, and we couldn't find a blank videotape. So we were just going to stay up for the first part where they were singing, and then the next thing I knew it was 12:30 a.m. But try telling your professor that you're too tired to come to class because you stayed up late watching a rock band he's never heard of on a TV show he's also never heard of. I may not be smart enough to go to bed early, but at least I know better than to tell my professor why I was up late. (Yes, I realize how lame it is that I think 12:30 a.m. is "late." In my defense, I have not had an uninterrupted night's sleep in five months, and my daughter wakes up at 5 a.m. every day.)

As a general rule, I don't particularly like Conan O'Brien. I've seen bits of his show once or twice, but he's never seemed very funny ... I'm more of a Letterman fan. Last night he was actually funny, although he didn't do a huge amount of talking, goofing around, etc. Hmm, Coincidence?

U2 rocked, as always.

No comments: