Friday, December 09, 2005

lawn ornaments

Day 103
Friday
9 December 2005

Have you ever been at one of those warehouse shopping clubs, like Costco or Sam's Club, around Christmas time? And have you seen those life-size inflatable snow globes they have on display? And have you ever wondered, "Who actually buys a life-size inflatable snow globe?" Wonder no more. The answer is: my neighbor.



But wait! There's more!



I'm not even sure how many there are, because I suspect that some of the components of the santa/grinch/tree/doorway grouping in the center might be parts of a set ... but I count at least ten.

In other news, whoa! The semester is over. Yesterday was my last day of class. I'll have one final exam next Wednesday (Polish). I should probably, you know, reflect on my first semester of grad school. Yeah, I'll definitely do that. Really soon.

2 comments:

Sarah O. said...

Wow, your neighbor really knows how to highlight spectacular mountain scenery! I have a neighbor who puts a dozen or so inflatables in his yard but he's only putting a black eye on swampy prairie.

Congrats on finishing your first term!

-scat

Tiffany said...

Looks like all he's missing is the inflatable pink flamingos. Oh, he didn't know those were available? Then someone really needs to get in there and tell him.