Wednesday, July 18, 2007

apologies

*sigh* I'm sorry, State Department. I didn't mean it. I'm sure that most of the individuals who work for you are fine, upstanding human beings doing their best, as opposed to a big bunch of losers like I said in my last post. It's just that I'm a little frustrated by the fact that I followed all of your arcane instructions, I allowed adequate time for my application based on your time estimates, I refrained from calling you, per your request, until it was too late to cancel my reservations, and in return I got ... no passport. I feel like I'm doing all the giving in this relationship. I'm angry and disappointed about this whole thing - I won't lie to you about that - but that's no reason for me to lash out at you and call you names. If there's one thing we've all learned from internet comment threads, it's that personal attacks don't solve anything. I should know better than to do that, and I apologize.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

aw, look at you, acting all mature. it's a beautiful thing.

Heidi said...

Heck, skip the maturity! Sue the government. They can afford it. Our country.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Today I'm Canadian.

Sara Nyffenegger said...

Hey love, I did all the praying and cursing, hence you should get the passport in time, and the government the plague...