Thursday, July 19, 2007

the saga continues

This time I talked to a nice lady named Kendra, who apparently had some case notes available. She said that the Agency had been notified of my travel date, and was doing everything possible to accommodate me. Which means ... exactly nothing. I asked her about the in-person applications at the Passport Agency offices, and she said that I would need to go to their Houston location, because that's where my passport application is now. If I went to any of the other, closer offices, I would have to resubmit my application.

Well, would I get my passport in time if I went there? Of course she can't tell me that; it's at the discretion of the Houston office. Is there a way for me to talk to someone in Houston and get more information on how that works? No. They have an automated appointment system, which is why they have the same toll-free number for all nine offices. And they won't even talk to you when you get there unless you already have an appointment.

So is there a possibility that I could make the appointment, show up in Houston, and still not get my passport in time? Would they be able to at least give me a definitive answer one way or the other, or is there a possibility that I might have to hang out in Houston for a couple of days, or what? She says, Maybe.

I really don't know what to think about this, but clearly Kendra can be of no further help to me. I tell her thanks, and hang up.

Did she just tell me to "have a wonderful day"? That's kind of funny.

No comments: