Friday, May 02, 2008

things I did not know

Allow me to recreate for you a portion of the conversation that occurred last night during dinner at our house:

Me: It's just so frustrating. Why is it that I can never remember the year of the Act of Union, but I still remember the birthdate of the kid I had a crush on in the third grade?

Link: You had a crush on someone in the third grade?

Me: Well, yeah, when I was in the third grade.

Link: I had a crush on Megan, but her mom said we had to break up.

Me: ...

Yeah, that's the first I'd heard of it.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

okay the first time i read that, i didn't see that it was link, and for some reason i assumed it was glen. so here i was thinking that you were a freak for blogging about not knowing about your husband's activities in the third grade. the second time i read it it was much more amusing. i think i might be a bit tired...

Heidi said...

That's really funny. At least he did tell you at some point in his life... :-D

Patricia said...

Who in third grade, Octavia?

Boys and girls are funny. My Kindergarten girl, last year, was telling me all about who was in love with who (in her class), but my 9-year-old son still has never had a crush on anyone (that I know of... :) ), and yet other boys his age have sent of their first anonymous love notes...

Octavia said...

@ patricia: I'm not saying, but his birthday was April nineteenth. Not sure if it was someone you knew or not - it wasn't anyone from church.