Friday, July 18, 2008

excellent headline of the day

In the college football section of the si.com website, there is currently a headline which reads, "Player's Death Worsened by Stress."

I have questions. Did the stress somehow make him even deader? Or was the quality of the death experience worsened by the stress? Did the stress downgrade his death from merely tragic to horrible? I read the article, but it did not satisfactorily answer my questions.

Yes, I'm working on my thesis. Quit bugging me.

4 comments:

AnnieD said...

Well, I love the headline, and agree the article does not adequately explain how the death was worse because of the stress. But it does explain how the likelihood of death was increased by being under physical stress.

Octavia said...

OK, but there's nothing funny about that.

Heidi said...

I have been loving headlines lately. The people doing them clearly didn't ever pass their classes in English at universities around the world...

Nicole said...

ha. that truly is excellent.