Monday, February 09, 2009

weird

Blogspot allows me to alter the apparent date and time of a particular post at will. The default option is the actual date and time at which I started composing each post, but I can reset it to show any date and time I want, either past or future. If I tell it that the time of the post is in the past, it inserts the post into the blog chronologically, at the point where it would have appeared had it actually been composed at the time indicated. If I tell it that the time of the post is in the future, then the post won't appear on my blog until the time I've indicated. I'm pretty sure I can even alter the date of a post that's already been published, although I haven't tried.
Weirdly, though, the default time as indicated by blogspot is off by an hour. I sent my latest revision to Blackwood around 2:00 a.m. local time, and posted about it shortly after that. I noticed that the default time was just after 1:00 a.m., so I fixed it and clicked "publish post" ... at which point I was informed that my post was "scheduled" but had not yet been posted. Huh. I should definitely look into that, some other time when it's not 2:30 a.m.

No comments: