Tuesday, June 02, 2009

made it

Daisy and I have returned from Oregon in one piece. She actually behaved about as well as I could have asked for on the trip: screamed like a banshee while we were in the car, but hardly made a sound on the plane.

I was only there for a couple of days, and I thought it would be kind of stressful to be away from home with a baby that small (two months) but it was actually not too bad. True, Glen wasn't there to help with the baby, but on the other hand I didn't have any other kids to take care of. Nor did I have laundry or dishes or cooking or anything else that I needed to do. So when I spent a whole day just sitting and holding Daisy while she either ate or napped, at least I wasn't feeling bad about all the other stuff that wasn't getting done at my house.

No comments: