Tuesday, July 07, 2009

everyone wave!

The International Space Station is visible over the U.S. this month. We let the kids stay up a little late tonight, and we all went out and looked at it together. It was visible for about five minutes, and was bright enough and fast enough to be easily discernible.

Peach wanted to know if she could go in a spaceship too. She asks this a lot. She also wants to go to the moon. I kind of don't know what to tell her. Realistically, the odds are not very good, but then again, they're not zero. And I don't want to discourage her from trying to do things she really wants to do, even if they're difficult. So I tell her, "Maybe, if you major in Astronomy." Good luck, Peach. I'd love for you to be the first woman on the moon.

1 comment:

AnnieD said...

Very cool! I went out tonight - skies finally cleared - wrote down a few times in the next few days to share with other people. Cheers!