Friday, July 24, 2009

whither the blog?

If you've been following this blog for any length of time, you will have noticed that I graduated with my M.A. in April. You will also have noticed - even if you haven't been following this blog for any length of time - that the blog's title is "Blogging the M.A." So what do I do with a blog called "Blogging the M.A." when I've finished getting the M.A.? I'm loathe to just call it quits and start a new blog with a different title at a different URL. Yet there will be very little to be said about my M.A. in the future, other than "Yes, I still have it."

I do plan on starting a PhD program in about five years' time, when Daisy is old enough to start kindergarten. Since I see the current phase of my life not so much as the end of school, but more of a prolonged pause between programs, I guess I'm now blogging the hiatus ... hence the new title. Sorry about the ugly graphic; I'm still trying to figure out how to make my image work with their template.

The content here will be about my professional development, if I ever get around to doing any, and whatever else I'm doing that doesn't involve my children. I've started a new blog that primarily documents the kids' lives. It involves a lot of cute pictures and the occasional video of Daisy doing something entirely expected. It is utterly mundane, and will be of no interest to you unless you find my children fascinating. I use the kids' real names there, and post pictures of them, so I prefer not to post links to it anywhere. It also doesn't appear in the blogger lists, and it doesn't get crawled or indexed. Essentially, it's a blog that cannot be found except by those who already know where it is. If you'd like to be one of those who know where it is, email me and I'll send you a link. I was originally going to make it invitation-only, but that would mean you couldn't add it to an RSS feed, so I've tried to make it invisible instead.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

ha. i think you should periodically make a post that does indeed say, "yes, i still have it." that would amuse me greatly.

incidentally, i wouldn't mind having access to the secret blog url, as i do quite like your offspring. i'm pretty sure you have my email address.