Sunday, December 27, 2009

Well. This is embarrassing.

I'm writing this at the clunky old desktop computer in my kitchen, because my beloved laptop appears to have picked some malware. I'm not exactly an internet naïf: I know better than to click on attachments, even if they're from people I know; I don't download "free" stuff like smileys or fun animated cursors or toolbars or Zwinkys or other software; I don't click on links in emails. I have an antivirus program and a firewall, and I don't hang out in shady parts of the internet. And yet my machine is undeniably afflicted with Antivirus 2008. I have no idea where it came from. Glen already tried to remove it once, and Symantec also found it and supposedly took it out yesterday, but it just ... won't ... die. It's annoying, disconcerting, and also a little embarrassing.
Why yes, that is a Yersinia pestis on my keyboard.

No comments: